Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bridget and the very bad no good horrible very bad day..

     Today we woke up very flustered. Today was the day we found out if we were going to the orphanage tomorrow. It was great news when Svetlana called and said we had permission to go to the orphanage tomorrow at 7am! We were all so excited to see them and to spend the day!
      Then, the devastating phone call came. They're only allowing us to stay there for 3 hours. We traveled halfway around the world for these kids, paying thousands of dollars, carrying 7 duffel bags stuffed with toys, and their letting us stay for only three hours, on one day?!?!?! (We hope they will change their mind - and let us return on Friday and Saturday like we planned) Keri and I were in tears. Nastia was sad, and my mom was speechless. We just cried and stayed shocked for over an hour, right before we were about to go to our favorite restaurant, "Shokolodnitsa" (House of chocolate). But, plans were delayed until we calmed down. I hated it. If you know me, I never show any bit of crying unless I'm at home with no one there. I just ran into the bedroom, jumped up onto the window sill, and sobbed. Didn't let anyone in. I was devastated!
Broken Heart     Once we finally got to 'Shokoladnitsa", we calmed down a bit, mostly because we were out of energy. But the pain didn't subside. It was like someone ripped my heart in two pieces. Anya called, and said she was on her way, but we didn't exactly believe her, because she's on "Anya time", which "I'm on my way" means "I'll be there in two hours". But, She showed up! She bright and cheery. Giggly and excited. Happy and adorable.
     After lunch, we went to the "Mall" and got her an outfit from Adidas. On the way there, my mom took a pretty bad fall on the trolley tracks. Ouch! Her camera cracked, but not really broke, which would have made the day even worse, and just when I think this country is so backward, I realize it's memorial day back at home. It's the one time I actually appreciated the US. But, all was well and I got a hand full of Anya hand, proof is in the picture! Well, we've got to get up at 6, and its already 12:30, so, good night!
Me and Anya walking down a street (i forget the name)

Me, Anya and Nastia on the couch, watching her play the fake piano on the ipad.... so sweet


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had such a bad day - but as I was looking at your pictures I was thinking how lucky you are to be there in such beautiful weather! Maybe a silver lining? (When I was there back in November/February and March it was cold, grey and snowy!) I hope you are able to visit the children more than one day, but I do know that even if it is only for one day they will appreciate every moment of your time there with them, and that it will leave an impression on them. You are so lucky to have had this opportunity! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete