Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Orphanage visit #1!

      Yesterday was just a roller coaster ride. Horrible at some parts, amazing at others, but in the end, you just want to do it again. The three hour car ride was like a real roller coaster too, up down up down bounce bounce swerve...lol. Since we got back to the "Gasteenitza" yesterday at 7pm, My mom heard nothing but "Please please please!!!! She needs a home! I know she's my sister! How can you just leave her in an orphanage? PLEASE!". Of course, I was referring to this little girlie:
    I love her! And another G and P and S and A and Y and S.  I can't write their names here, but they all need homes with lots of love! Sadly, we didn't get to take too many pictures because it was against the rules of the chaperone, but we snuck a few. 
     I simply cannot wait to go back to the orphanage. Poor G (the other one), when we were handing out bags, the one we packed for her had pierced earrings and hair bands. Her hair isn't long enough for the hair bands, and she doesn't have pierced ears! The poor girl! And K (a teen) got earrings, but she wasn't going to let them go to waste! She pierced her own ears! Oh my!
     


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love for Galya to be your sister!

    Did "the other G" get given the wrong bag? Did you give her a new present after she's opened hers? It just hurts my heart to see her so resigned to disappointment.

    I'm glad you got to see the kids for a little while today. I hope you're back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spell your G's name with a ZH in St. P. Zh- is the one that caught at my heart in Dee's photos.I'm praying for her family.

    Maybe you need two little sisters? ;>

    ReplyDelete