Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Orphanage visit #2

First off, let me apolgize for not posting in a while, after we went to the orphanage, it was sleep, then travel. Sorry!
    Anyway, orphanage visit #2 was amazing! I want to adopt them all! Of course, I'm not old enough to adopt, so, I've just been begging my mom! There's just so many sweet kids! I love all of them! I'll post pictures later. I ended up walking to the "Magazeena" at least four times, buying candy and ice cream for all of them. I want to find them all homes! 
     I spent most of my time there running around with at least 13 kids following me. I felt like a celebrity! I find each and every one of them special and amazing.  I would go to the bathroom, and come out to see 10 kids waiting for me to come out.
     When I got the chance to sit down on one of the couches, I was immedeadtly seated with  9 kids! 
     The swing in the back yard is beyond broken, its just two poles with "Foot holders" on the bottom, but they continue to use it! Their playground is the most depressing thing I have  ever seen! The slide has spilnters all over it, and the soccer field has no grass on it, just hard, packed in dirt. Oh my!
      When we got back from the orphanage, to Kemerovo, we fell right asleep, for we needed to get up early for the plane. It was 42 hours of no sleep, in a plane or an airport, just waiting for the sad reality of going home to hit us.
     But now that we are home, it feels good, unlimited toilet paper, hot showers, a comfy bed for myself. Milk that's cold and drinkable,water that you can drink from the tap. You don't realize how much you have, until it's taken away. Thats another post for another day, differences from Russia to America. Oh! And I get to tell you about the $12 cokes!
     When we were at the Shermat'evo airport, in Moscow, We saw an italian restaurant, and we were craving it! We went and when we got the check, we discovered they had charged is $32 for four cokes! Thats $12 each! Their excuse "You ordered the big ones, and they have 3 cokes in each one, its not our fault!", But they never told us that we were going to pay that much! Oh, Russia, what are we going to do with you!
     And to all of you who donated... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! You don't know how much I  appreciate every single one of your donations, whether it be by thought, or by money. What matters is I got there and I couldn't have done it without you guys!!!! You sent me to the orphanage and back again, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me! All of you have enormous hearts and they will never go to waste! Everyone at the orphanage was elated when I got there, and you guys made that happen! Thank you!!!!


3 comments:

  1. nice photos, and post of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. post more post more post MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed what a super cool person you are!!! Thank you for writing this! I'm sure readers would help you to go back there with donations. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete