Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Russian Adventure: Day 3 and 4

Well, where should I begin? How about when we saw the "Dead Guy" (Lenin). It was so gross!!!! But, after that, we went to the Russian Museum and saw some stuff from the ice age. Me and Nastia got so bored that we decided to speak gibberish to each other to see if anyone noticed. Our conversation went something like "Hoostreekiex ronflre eekee oo mansee!"
     Back to the apartment to pack up. We hauled all 7 bags of donations, plus our personal stuff up and down the stairs and on the creepiest creakiest elevator you have ever seen! I was always the last one on, and the first one off.
     After the sweaty two hour ride to the airport, the people at the luggage check were being extra annoying, just for us! We were stuck waiting to see if we could get the fees waived because they were for an orphanage. They didn't do it. Oh well.
A lock with two newly weds names, to lock in their love forever.
    When we got to Kemerovo, we slept for a loooong time. And when we woke up we got a happy little girl named Anya waiting in the living room! She's such a sweetheart! When she left last night, she gave me a big hug and said with her thick accent "I love you". I love you too, Anya.
     We went to the school that Keri taught at this fall, and when we were coming out of the classroom, some kids heard us speaking english. We were then swarmed by kids wanting "Pictures with a real American" and to email and ask questions. I'm the first American kid they have ever seen! Can you believe it? I'm now talking with a girl named Arina. She emailed me a few minutes ago.
      When we got home from the school, Nast, me and my mom went to the terrifying "Amusment Park" across the street. Those things are going to break any second I swear.
     All in all, we are in Kemerovo safely, all is well, and Good night!
p.s. For more details go here

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job with your bog entries, Bridget! I just now made the time to start following you and, while I knew by your altruistic actions that you have a very caring & giving heart, I had no idea that you would turn out to be such an exceptional writer as well! You have a wonderful talent for recording your thoughts, ideas and impressions via the keyboard. I am looking forward to your future posts!

    Say hello to your Mom, Nastia, Anya & Keri for me.

    With Warm Regards and Admiration,

    Brian Dalton :0)

    ReplyDelete