Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Ongoing dream

You stand at the top of the empire state building. You see all of New York City beneath you. Suddenly, The fence falls and you begin to teeter back and forth. You feel yourself going farther forward with every rock. You grab onto a 25 cent binocular thingy. You are now hanging onto it for dear life. You are praying an praying to the good God in heaven that you won't fall. Clearly he's busy right now, and you are still swinging. It starts to rain and your grip loosens. You are now screaming, but no one can hear you. You kick your legs wildly, but that makes you dangle by 3 fingers. You pray some more, and finally lose all grip. You are plunging head first in to bustling NYC below you. You get 1 centimeter above a yellow taxi, and you wake up screaming.
     This is how I feel at least twice a month. It has caused me to have a HUGE fear of heights. Like at girl scouts, we went to this place called monkey trunks, a ropes course that you have to climb across, and get down by way of zip-line. Heres a picture:
The most terrefying place on earth, Monkey Trunks.
Thats it, 30 feet and 50 challenges of pure horror. As a girl afraid of anything that moves on its own, that is more than 30" above ground, this is the true torture method. I ended up on the mini monkey course, with my best friends 5 year old brother. How embarrassing. This is mini monkey:

I put emphasis on MINI. Its no more than 6 feet up. Ugh, the girls will never get past that one. I am also apprehensive about any roller coaster, ferris wheel, moon jump, or anything that goes above 20 feet. And airplanes, when you can see the ground, that flight from here to DC, cloudless day, travelers delight, Bridgets terror. I absolutly HATE seeing the ground when I am high up.
Yeah, I'm terrifefied of heights.

Whoa! I just got an email of a slide show of every thing that I have metioned in the past few days. Not emailed, or blogged, or written. Every thing that I've mentioned. Including a skateboarding monkey, not having a facebook, blogging, monkey trunks (don't know where that came from, considering that I had not published this at time of recieving.) And Keri, there were pictures of you and Anya and Nastia in there. Anybody have an explination??????? I'm now scared.

Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

-Bridget.




5 comments:

  1. I share your fear of very high places and choose not to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, odie. But,It was not my choice to go to monkey trinks. I would have chosen to go horse back rding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridget, I'm scared of heights too. Ask Nastia about me at the Empire State Building last year. I don't mind seeing the ground from an airplane, but if it had open windows I would:)

    PS: I miss you! Wanna come over and hang out with me & Nastia tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid of heights too, and I am not embarrassed. Everybody's afraid of something! When you're a little older and you get to choose where you spend your time, you'll usually be able to get out of it. And when the only way up is a glass elevator, face the doors, focus on the floor buttons and don't look down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! When were you on a glass elevator???? That sounds completley PETERIFIEING!!!!

    ReplyDelete