Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Sunday, February 6, 2011

If you are nobody, you are free to belive in anything...

I cant belive you guys! You guys TOTALLY get it! 100%! In one day I went from 3 followers to 9! If you REALLY  want to get into my mindset, read the book Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli. He's my FAVORITE author and and amazing one! The book is about an orphan who is about 8 years old, growing up in Warsaw, Poland in the Holocaust. He is not in an orphanage, and he did'nt get a name until he was 8. Until he got a name (which was given to him by a twlve year old, disowned jew), he called Himself "Stoptheif". He and the other gypsy/jews (sorry if I'm being offensive to any of you by saying Jew too many times. Don't take offense, I'm part Jewish too!) head off to the ghetto. There, many died. One, Olek, was Hanged on a lamp post when he was caught stealing with a sign araound his neck saying "Don't be like him". In the Ghetto, he meets a little girl named Janina.
     When they (the Nazis) take all of the jews to a concentration camp, Misha(his "name") follows the railroad tracks to go find Janina. A kind farmer takes him off the tracks and send him on a boat over here (the USA) where he tells his stories on street corners and meets the girl that he marries. He has severe PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and his wife abandons him because he was too much work.
    I wont give away the ending but I was crying. I didn't even cry when my wn grandfather and grandmother died. That causes problems with me though, I have so much emotion stored up inside me that some days, I'll be the happiest persaon alive, and the next, its like my dad died.
 
       Thats the cover, but there are other covers, so be on the lookout♪♫‼‼‼

     Sience today is the Super bowl, I made "foot ball" cookies for my dad, my brother and my dads friend.
Do these look like foot balls to you?
      
     Didn't think so. But, they're yummy. The only one that looks even remotely like a fooball is the one on the middle right top. (And Kaia, american football :) ♪♫♪) They taste good and thats all that matters. Oh, and just for the record, GO PACKERS! Not that I'm watching the game right now. Or ever. Sorry Odie. If your a football fan.
    Another really good book series is The lightning theif. By Rick Riordan. They are about a boy named percy who finds out that he's a demigod. Percy ends up at camp half-blood, a camp for demigod kids. Percy does not yet know who his father is but there are kids there who are sons/daughters of Athena, Ares, Demeter, Aphrodite, Dionysus ect. I don't know what happens yet, but I'll post! Thats the cover, and its the only one.
     More "My family shenanigans"
Mom: None today
Dad: "If you don't watch the super bowl, you dont get dinner!" Yeah, 12 year old GIRLS definently like football.
Brad: "These cookies look nothing like foot balls! And they don't taste like them!" okay, no, they don't look like them, but, who makes cookies that taste like leather?!?!?!?
Me: "Come on felex! Do you want to live in dirty water? You neet to get in the net! It can't kill you! Well, acctualy, it can, but, I won't let it."


"I think of all the voices that have told me who I have been, the neames I've had. Call me theif. Call me stupid. Call me gypsy. Call me Jew. Call me one-eared Jack. I don't care. empty-handed victims once told me who I was. Then Uri told me. Then an armband. Then an immigration officer. And now this little girl in my lap, this little girl whose call silences the trampling Jackboots. Her voice will be the last. I was. Now I am. I am . . . Poppynoodle."
-Misha
Milkweed

"When you're nothing, you're free to believe in anything..."
-Uri
Milkweed

I like that one. When you are nothing, you are free to belive in anything. Free to belive in anything. Free to belive. Free to belive in any dreams that dance in my little heart. Free to belive that I can change the world. I will. I will. Yes. I will fofil my promise to you. One sock at a time. Free to belive in anything.

2 comments:

  1. Hello :)Love this post and the way you think. I will definately be getting a copy of that book.
    In Australia football is big too, but AFL of course. It is the middle of Summer here and the rain was quite unusual, a couple of days before it was 43'C or 109.4 so that's hot!!!! Our seasons are reversed to yours so when youhave winter we have summer same with spring and autumn(Fall). It does snow in some parts of Australia but not in most places. It never snows here but it does get freezing in Winter. I have never seen the snow, so i would be in heaven in 3 feet of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Post!

    You are such an amazing girl! Never stop believing! We need more people like you in this world. I don't have any doubt, that you will, change the world! ♥

    ReplyDelete