Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Anxiety

Oh my. I cannot put into words how anxious I am right now. My guts are tugging with butterflies and a wolf. I'm exited and scared half to death at the same time. So exited that I have, thanks to all of you, over $1,000! That still leaves money for a visa, food and stuff to get for the orphanage. I know I'll get it. But, theres a little voice in my head going "What if you don't huh?" grr. I wish that voice would just go jump off a cliff. 
     Its that feeling that you got on christmas eve when you were a kid. "What will Santa bring? I really want a bike." that was my seven year old voice. My twelve year old voice is going "What will donations bring? I really want to cheer up there kids." I feel like everything about me is jittering, trembling, unable to think about anything but  "Will I go?". Even if you can't afford to donate right now, prayers are accepted. Donate here if you can. Hit the payola button and leave a comment here so I can thank you and send a sock animal if you want. Its crunch time now. 
     And to add to the jitters, my favorite American Idol just got voted off, Casey Abrams. :(. If you can, please, please, please, please, please donate. No one knows how much I want to go. Not even you Keri. I will include a diary entry of mine from a while ago, when I first found out I was maybe going, and from the night before. I know, diaries are supposed to be private, but, you guys should see this.
December 31, 2010, 
     Dear Diary,
        Tomorrow I get to meet Keri! She's my idol, even though I've never met her. I can't wait. I'm donating all of my money to her, to adopt again. I'm not sure of the kids name, but, its worth it.
                                          TTFN
                                                -Bridget
January 1, 2011
          Dear Diary,
               HAPPY NEW YEAR! And its very happy for me! Keri invited me to go to Russia with her in April. Now, how to raise money. If you were a person, I'd ask you what I should do. I'm so elated, it can't be put into words. We also have to get a passport. I wonder when I'll get there. If I get there.
                                  G'night
                                       -Bridget


Well, its off to bed, bye!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely Bridget :) Sorry long time no comments or emails. I've been busy and sick so nothing on my blog either :( Just read Keri's blog though and you're of to RUSSIA!!!!!! That is so great. Well done on all your hard work and I can't wait to read about all your adventures while you are there. Congratulations, you deserve it and you will make all the orphanage children so happy. Have fun. Love from Me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget,
    I'm Genavieve, mother of 4 and we live in Washington state. I've 'known' Keri for a while b/c of her blog and I love the kids of DD5. The best thing you can do for them is to tell them that God loves them, that ppl are praying for them and to give them hugs. There's an 11 yo girl by the name of Christina. She stole my heart b/c she looks like my two youngest daughters; tell her we pray for her every day. We pray that she would know God loves her and that a family would adopt her.
    I'm so glad you're going! I know God has blessed this trip.
    Hugs to you, dear little friend.

    ReplyDelete