Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter! 4 days to go.

As all of you know, Easter is coming up. Some say "Yipee! I get to eat chocolate again!" or "Good! I can have cheese again.". But what do I get to say? "Yippee! I get to kill animals again?". Does that sound right? Nope. Not at all. But, thats what I find my self saying a whole lot recently.
     You know, that probably did'nt sound quite right. I am not a hunter. Nor a evil scientist who kills animals for experiments. I gave up meat for lent. So, I find my self saying "Yippee! I can eat meat again!". What I don't get, is why this bugs me. I mean, no less animals are going to be killed because I don't eat them, I mean, maybe if the entire state of Texas stopped eating meat. But, my family is still going to eat meat. My school cafeteria will still serve meat.
     On the other hand, If I do continue to go vegetarian, others might join, and then we'd be saving animals lives, if the whole city was inspired. As of now, I'm stuck. I want to eat meat, for the nutrition, but I want to save animals.
     Its just like in the wild. Bear chases bunny. Bear kills bunny. Bear eats bunny. See? Its nature. Just, we go something like this: Humans find thousands of cows. Humans jam them into tiny little pens. Humans kill cows. Humans then pakage cows and then sell them to other humans, who then eat them.
     Thats an example of what the typical american chicken slaughter house looks like. And then, we eat them. How sick and tweisted is that. And your not going to get an entire nation to respond with a picture. Or a million pictures.
     And I'm supposed to make my mind up by Easter. Humph.
 "If slaughter houses had glass walls,
everyone would be vegetarian"
-Paul McCarntey
Go to http://www.meat.org/ and watch the video. I think I've made my decision, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. I support you on this.....but if you want to be a vegetarian, you kinda gotta learn to like vegetables. Just saying'.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget! I am Alysa, and 15 and while I know this is a "far back" post, I wanted to reccomend a link anyways... Kimberlysnyder.net

    It talks about how meat actually ISNT that great for you, she is also a raw foodist.. I am not going as far as she is with her 100% only raw foods (fruits veggies grains etc.)
    but I am working up to 70%...

    It is a great website if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete