Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Friday, November 4, 2011

3 pieces left

As you know, Halloween was on Monday.... While I did not get that much candy, I did get a lot. Which made me think: How excited were the kids at the orphanage when we went to the store with them and let them get candy?  They were so excited for one piece of candy the size of a quarter! And we get more than a pound of candy? Is that fair? No! It's not! So, I gathered all of my halloween candy, and divided it up: Things that will melt, things that won't melt and things I don't want to eat. And, after much trading with my brother, and lots of unfairness and yelling, I ended up with 5 sandwich bags filled with candy for Z, Galya, Valya, A and D. And I only kept 3 pieces for myself.
     Also, a while ago, we made photo albums for those 5 kids (we had the most pictures of them) And we're planning on mailing them soon. Thank goodness we didn't mail them sooner! Now, each kid gets:
  • A photo album
  • A bag of candy
  • A notebook
  • A doodle book
  • Pencils
  • Erasers
  • A special Letter for them specificaly
     Now, if anybody would like to write a letter to one of the kids there, maybe one that caught your heart in the pictures, comment with the letter and I'll translate it into Russian and send it to them! Be sure to include the child's name (or first initial...with gender!) and your name!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
OH! And you can now officially donate for Z's adoption (on the right)!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work Bridget! Gave my contribution for bringing your sister home. It's not a lot but I hope it helps!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, this is Bridget's mom here.....we received your donation THANK YOU so much for sharing your love with our far-away daughter! It's people like you who bring us hope and inspiration when we're having a bad day! THANKS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems, my pleasure. I contributed a bit more now that I could. Lots of luck! Tell us how it's going...

    ReplyDelete