Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the land of forgotten dreams...

Before you start reading this, it's a story that I'm writing spur of the moment). It has absolutely nothing to do with this blog, other than the fact that I love writing... Here you go!

Chapter 1
Through the Dream Field

In the land of forgotten dreams, there live thousands of veterinarians, prima ballerinas, doctors and athletes.
"Why are all of these things here?" thought Rosie, as she walked through the field, looking at each and every person who walked by, taking in their faces, trying to see if she recognized anyone.
    A chorus of voices in the background were chanting something like "Nos ex ... libertatis autem". A few people walked by, no, they wern't walking, more like, floating? and that's when Rosie noticed. These people did not have feet.
    "Excuse me, Miss," She said to the sickly thin model, "Where am I?"
    The model stared back in silence, and after a few moments, replied, "No one knows where we are, kid. Just go with it. And don't ask too many questions." she began, "By the way, I'm Tia, and you are...?"
     "Rosalinda Ericka Kennon. Now, why am I here?" Rosie asked, now slightly irritated.
    "Well, I can't tell what you are, probably an actress. We've got lots of those here." Tia grabbed another girl by the wrist and pulled her over to where they were floating. "Ramona, meet Rosalinda Ericka Kennon. I've got to go tend to the ponies, Ramona, show Rosalinda around."
    Rosie felt bad for Ramona, she didn't look much more than 15. "Hi. I'm Ramona. Um, I guess I can show you around, if you want..." She started.
     "You can just call me Rosie. Tia didn't quite answer my question, Why am I here?"
     "You're here because you were someones childhood dream. That's what all of us are. I'm an artist, but, guess that kid wont be one. Once in a while, though, you'll see someone shoot up out of that opening over there screaming Lorem ipsum!!! Means 'I'm Free' in Latin. Most people here speak Latin. Don't know why. Anyway, a little girl named Lily wanted to be an artist when she was little, so she pursued it for a little while, fifteen months actually. Then moved on, and I got moved here. There are millions of us here. Dreams, we like to call ourselves." Ramona told her.
     "So, someone wanted to be an actress when they were little, but then abandoned that, so I got sent here. Right?" Rosie said.
     "Yep. Basically. But when someone re-adopts their childhood dreams, they take back the Dream that they abandoned" Ramona started "I just keep waiting to see if Lily wants to be an artist again... She never seems to do so, though. But, right now, she's only 13, so, I guess I still have a while to go." Ramona sighed a heavy sigh after this.
     "Alright, who wanted to be an actress? Who gave me up?" Rosie asked.
     "Well, it's really quite simple. Look at the inside of your wrist, silly!"
     So, Rosie turned her hand over, and sure enough, etched into her wrist with dried blood on it were three words:
Amelia
Madeline
Griffon
-*-*-*-*-*-*-

No comments:

Post a Comment