Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Matroyshka Doll

     If you are in the process of adopting, and you have a Russian Matroyshka doll, please follow me in this... Last night, I broke out the blue and white doll I got in Red Square. I opened it up to all five dolls, its full size. And then realized that this is not a true image. I imagine these dolls to be a family. The biggest one being Dad, second biggest one being Mom (even though I am taller than her now...lol) the third smallest one being me, the second smallest, my brother. But, where's the littlest one? That doll represents Z.
     If you choose to take part in this, and you are adopting (There's at least one of you out there!) Take out the same number of dolls as there are in your family (eg. 4 people= 4 dolls). When your adopted child/sibling comes home, you take out the final doll. If there are already 5 people (typical doll set) you can double the dolls. Say, there are 2 parents, 2 sisters and a brother, you put the two sisters as one. The dolls are incomplete without the littlest one there. So is your family (while you have chosen to adopt; if not, carry on!) without the littlest one. Or middlest one. If your adoptive child is in between ages of already there children, put it inside the bigger one. And, if you don't have a sufficient amount of people in your immediate family, add aunts, uncles cousins to fill the gap(s).
     Now, when all this is done; display it! When your adoptive child comes home, your matroyshka family can grow along with your family. Just make sure there is enough room for your littlest one.
Ready?
Set?
GO!!!!

p.s. the Donation button will be up ASAP!

1 comment: