Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Awaiting

I got an email today from my best friend. It was originally a facebook thing, last year. I did'nt know about it, for I don't have one. She emailed it to me, and asked me to post it on my blog. Agreeing, here it is:

Name in one word all of these things that describe you:

Whats your favorite drink: Juice
If you could be described in one word, that the whole world would know, what would it be? Giving.
If you could choose your name, what would it be? Juliette.
If you could do anything in the world what would it be? Adopt.
What do you want most in this world? Sister
If you could automaticly know any language, what language would you choose? Russian.
Whats your favorite thing about you? Personality.

I'll give an explination to all of these. My favorite drink is juice only because milk makes my mouth feel like rotting dairy if I don't brush my teeth soon after. Giving describes me, well, answer honestly, how many 12 year olds do you know who willingly will drop everything and go to Siberia? If I could choose my name, my three favorites are: Julia, Juliette and Sadie. My last name begins with an A, so, try saying Julia A... it's too hard! Juliette sounds nice, and Sadie fits me, my personality, and its so-totally-50's! For obvious reasons, I want to adopt. I would insanely enjoy learning Russian, so that I would know what they are saying to me. I just hear gibberish when anyone speaks in Russian, because there's so many darn consonants in a row!I can't even say a simple "Hello!" I can easily say "Hi" but, thats rather informal! I adore my personality, sometimes. Living with un-diagnosed ADD is very tough. Theres no medication if its not diagnosed, so you stuck with "When one angle of a triangle is 45 degrees and the other is 20 degrees, the other angle is, umm, well, its uh, well, umm, 115 degrees?", that sort of thing. 

     And last, I really want a sister. Not biological, I really want to adopt "G" (girl at the orphanage). Last night while trying to fall asleep, I planned the entire thing. We would sell my bed, and buy a bunk bed. She would get my Care-Bears blanket and my red roses quilt and sleep on the bottom bunk with pink sheets and a purple pillow case on a fluffy feather pillow. Waiting on her bed when she comes home, will be my big green frog holding a king-size hershy's chocolate bar. Our room will be painted green and on the door, there will be a "Bridget and G's room" sign. When you step into the room, there will be a bureau with 6 drawers. 3 for me, 3 for G. In the corner is 2 bean-bag chairs, a green one for me, a red one for her. The bookshelf has many, many books, some easy ones for her and bigger ones for me. Under one window is my desk, with pictures of me and her adorning it. Under the other window, near our bed, is her desk. On her desk is a big musical card singing Hakuna Matata. There is hearts and pictures of her friends back at the orphanage and hersheys kisses (can you tell I like chocolate?). There's a closet filled 1/4 of my stuff and 3/4 of G's. Her clothes are all brightly colored with animals on them. On the bed-side table will be a pink flowery lamp, a photo of me and her some water, and a radio. My fish will be sitting atop the bureau swimming around happily! 
     When I finally fell asleep, I dreamed of her. We were walking in the village around the orphanage, and either I was speaking perfect Russian or she was speaking perfect english. She was telling me how excited she was about coming with us. She was asking me what our room looked like and I was telling her. Fast-forward to when we're on the plane, on our way home. She keep's looking out the window and asking "Is that my new home?" and I kept saying "No, our home is farther west". Even when we were somewhere over the Atlantic ocean, "Is that my new home?". "No, G, we're not fish.". When we did get home, she was so exited when we walked into our room.
     I feel silly fantasizing over a girl that I've never met. People have told me that she's a troublemaker, but, I live with my brother, don't I?  
     I'm still saving my pennies to get over there! I've got $181 and counting! Waiting for the day when both of my parents are home so that I can get my passport! The U.S. makes it necessary for both parents to be present when a child under 18 gets a passport. Since I am a child under 18, both of my parents have to be there. We're aiming for Friday.
     What are you guys giving up for Lent? I'm doing meat. Not just red meat. Chicken, fish, pork, bacon (am I going to have a tough time with that one!) burger, steak, you name it! Already it's proven hard! Chicken noodle soup for dinner! Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Can't yummy home cooking wait until after Easter? 
     Borders books is going out of business (:(). So we (My mom and I) went to the book store and got some really cheap, good quality stuff! Yes, we are supposed to be saving our money, but I got some really cool stuff! Four things. One: A snoopy paper-clip bookmark. Two: A Russian language learning CD/dictionary/reading guide...similar to Rosetta stone. Three: The complete idiots guide on leaning Russian. Four: a follow along guide with 100 words and how to read Russian. They are proving to work well! I'll tell you 4 words that I've learned! Tsvetok: Flower. Plafki: Underwear. Shkaf: Cabinet. Ozera: Lake. See? Well, I gotta go! 
             Two of us sending postcards writing letters... 
On our way back home
We're on our way home
We're on our way home
We're going home
-The Beatles
Two of us
1965
p.s. Comment with your answers to the questions!
p.s.s. PUT YOUR SHOES ON! Only a few of you will know what I'm talking about... 


1 comment:

  1. First, I MISS YOU and so does Nast! Second, I want G to be your sister too:) and third, here are my answers:

    Whats your favorite drink: Paul Newman's Lemonade or Honest Tea's Mango iced tea (a tie)
    If you could be described in one word, that the whole world would know, what would it be?
    paradoxical.

    If you could choose your name, what would it be?
    Strangely, my top favorites are Juliet and Sadie! How weird is that?
    If you could do anything in the world what would it be? Adopt more kids.
    What do you want most in this world? Anya and Daniel home.
    If you could automaticly know any language, what language would you choose?Either Russian better,or Gaelic better.
    Whats your favorite thing about you?
    my courage!

    ReplyDelete