Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Saturday shock




My agenda today was to do not much. I went to the park with my freinds, taking advantage of this beautiful day. We got a pizza for lunch and ate it at a picnick table at the park.
    Before lunch, we were rolling around the park (we were on bikes and rollerblades), and we bumped into some friends. Or, maybe not freinds per-say, but, aquaintences. One of the girls needed to use the bathroom, and the park bathrooms are not open yet, because it is only March. I brought her to our house and when she walked in, she said,"Wow! Your house is huge!". Those of you who have been to my house, know that this is not true. She saw my room, and was shocked by how clean annd big it was. It is clean and big, but its not gigantic.
     I want to raise awareness that there is still people in America who need help, not just in Russia. Its world wide. A map here is shown of poverty in the world. America is fairly low, but look at Africa and Russia and Asia. Their all so poor. I want to send all of my money over to Japan to help there with the earth quake and all, but thats not possible for me right now. All of my money is going to the "Send Bridget to the orphans" fund. When I was little, 7 years old, I had a lemonade stand to help in Louisiana, with hurrucane Katrina. I managed to raise $50. I wish it were possible to help every one. But its just simply not. I sometimes think,"If there are people out there who don't even have clothes, why do we have all the food we could eat, why do we have all of this?". I came up with an answer today. Because we're greedy. But yet, why am I still sitting here, typing to you? Every single one of us who is reading this page, is  considered rich by the worlds standards. I'm thinking of all of the people who have given things, and people who have said things that made me feel good. And then, there's the list of people I have not given back to, who have given to me. Someone did something so great for me today, I have know clue how to repay her. She's using her birthday to raise money for me to go to Russia. Her birthday! I can't even put into words how gracious I am. I'm putting put a great big


Its all thanks to you that I have hopes of going this month!

I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks. 
 ~William Shakespeare

p.s. the link to her blog is here


1 comment:

  1. Bridget, I wrote such a similar post today and I hadnt even read your blog yet. And I couldnt possibly think of a BETTER way to spend my birthday!

    ReplyDelete