Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sock animals and love

Okay, so, I'm new here!
 
This all started over a sock. Yes, a single, wool sock from the land of the lonely socks.(A bin at the end of my moms bed for all of the socks that dont have familys:()
     So, yesterday was a snow-day, and so is today. I made a sock stuffed-animal and looked at it and thought,"Hmm, These could make money.
     As most of you know, some of you may not, but MOST, I might be going to Siberia next month. Voluntarily, In FEBRUARY! You may think I'm nuts, but trust me, I'm not.
     So, back to the sock. I was thinking that I could make a bunch of them, and sell them for $5. Either the buyer could keep it, or if the buyer is too old, they can buy one to donate to and "orphan of choice"
     There you have it.

SOCK ANIMALS FOR SALE
$5
Here's the e-mail that I sent
 So, as most of you know, I may be going to Russia next month (Yes, Siberia, In February! Geez!) To help orphans.
     What most of you DON'T know, is that it cost about $1,000 for plane tickets, each person. That's $2,000. We cannot afford that!
     So, since today was a snow day (yippee!), I was soooooo bored!
     I put all of the blankets in the whole house on my bed, and then jumped on it, much fun!
     I made 2 quesadillas, and ate them.
     And I made a sock-stuffed-animal.

     This is what I was thinking (literal.) with all interruptions included:
Me-in-mind:Hmm, This could be a good fund-raiser for our trip to Russia. I could charge $5 for each one and either give one to the buyer-
Brad:BRIDGET!!!!!
Me-out-loud: What?
Brad:What's this???
Me-out-loud:I don't know, go ask mom!
Brad:Ok...
Me-in-mind:The buyer could either get one or they could pay and have the one they paid for go to an orphan...Of course, I need socks...

So that's pretty much my ideas.

$5, A sock (NO ANKLE SOCKS!) and a heart will help orphans and me!
They have button noses, eyes and a sewn smile!
They're really cute!
Have a heart,
Do your part,
Help make the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment