Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Monday, November 11, 2013

Missions and Musings

     It has been almost two months since I've written here. To be frank, I have entirely forgotten about this thing. I need to learn and remember to take this off the shelf, dust it, off, pick up the pen and see what comes out. I often surprise myself with how advanced my writing has become, being only fifteen. My mind has been overwhelmed with school work, human interactions, and production of a better me. I can say that the only thing of the three I mentioned that has improved was human interactions, but not by a long run.
     I say that I've been focusing on school work, when in reality I've been focused on doodling on the margins of my school work. Each piece of homework is not met head on with a new idea of a picture of a starfish playing the flute, a ballerina on her toes, or a smile shared between friends. I am imaginative, creative, and easily bored if I become used to something. I need change to stimulate me, if not, I will fall behind because I feel that I've already met the challenge, and there is no point in continuing to do something that I've already done. That is a reason why I am not doing bad in school, but I am not up to the standard I once was. Repetition annoys me, and I will not get anything done under the circumstances.
     Last year, I told myself and others that I was a sponge that no one could squeeze out. The same is still partially true, yet you can get some small, minuscule drops of water out of me. I will absorb anything that is thrown at me, from ideas to formulas, which is why I test so well. I suppose this is the way that my human interactions have improved, slightly. I've begun to let more of myself show, and it scares the living daylights out of me. But it's for a mission.
     In March, I committed myself to Project Senegal. This is a project that has stemmed off of the nonprofit that was founded in part by trip to Russia in 2011. When we got back, my mother and I started a non profit, and called it Spark540. People who live in and around Salem might have heard of it. It's a leadership organization for high school students, focused around the United Nation's Eight Millennium Development Goals, and for the 2013/2014 year, we have decided to focus on the second goal. Education for all. A group of six teenagers of different interests and talents will be flying to the Dakar region of Senegal on December 26th, 2013. Because of my interest and talent in linguistics, I will be in charge of teaching a begginers english class at two schools, La Fontaine school, and N'doukh Thiarokh school (no one can pronounce it, so we've dubbed it "the village school"), with students ages 12-13. The Fontaine school is a private school, in need of help and reparation, as well as the Village School, but that one is public. Remember in 2011, when I was twelve, how quickly I picked up on the Russian Language? This is what I hope to do with Wolof (the native tongue of Senegal) and French. I have been studying french for four years, so this will be less of a daunting task for me.
     I am asking for your help. I need to reach o fundraising goal of approximately $3.400(U.S.D.) by Christmas. I know I can do it, because I raised $1,500 in sock puppets, and donations from you guys, and I am still offering my sincere thanks to all who contributed, both materially and spiritually. If you are looking to donate, please get in contact with me, and do not use the pay pal link on my blog, unless you want your money to go into the fund of providing Z with a safe "graduation" from the orphanage. Contact me at bridget.ayers@aol.com.
     Again, thank you all for reading this, and your time to help me succeed in what I want to do in my time on this kind earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment