Pages

Safe and Sound

"I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes The sun is going down You'll be alright No one can hurt you now Come morning light You and I'll be safe and sound"
-Taylor Swift

Friday, September 23, 2011

Bunking with a 8 year old and BIG NEWS!

Well, we found where G and I are going to sleep! In a bunk bed! We found it at Ikea a few days ago for only $160! It's kind of boring, but we can add stickers and such.

This is it!
     Any way, I'll be on the top, and she'll be on the bottom. Over the course of the next few months, the whole initials thing will probably get really confusing. So, G that I've been refering to all along, her name can also be spelled with a Zh. It's pronounced like the g in rouge, and spelled with this symbol: Ж. Which, translated to English makes the zh sound. Or j. Or g. Whatever you want to call it. But, from now on, I am going to call her Z. because there is another G at the orphanage that we may or may not adopt.
     Which leads me to my next subject. In case you have'nt heard yet, tons of kids from Detski Dom are on the Russian adoption website! G is there! Z isn't but, she's still available. Here is G's "profile"!
Oh, and by the way, this doesn't mean we now miraculously have all of the money. We still need donations. NEED! Z will never come home unless Russia just starts giving away children (and let's face it, that'll never happen.) We need to raise $40,000 to get her home. There is still the possibility that we can do it by the "old rules" and it will only cost $16,000, but thats still a lot. And we also need airplane tickets. And money for the bed. And matresses (you can't put normal matresses on a bunk bed. $99 each...yikes!). And clothes. And we only have about a little bit saved. So, umm, yeah. This whole adoption thing is going to be really really expensive. So, help us save! And if you cannot donate yourselves, and you have a blog, please advocate for her! You know, if you want to. No pressure.  Can we make it happen? Maybe? But, as I know, and we all know:
  WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
Oh, yeah. We're having technilogical difficulties with accepting donations right now, and will make it possible ASAP, and if you want to donate, just leave a comment saying you would like to, and I'll help you get it in. Okay? Sorry for the "glitches".

Detailed page of the Child


Галина С.
2bmve

Кемеровская область


У Вас есть братья или сестры

Возможные формы устройства:
усыновления, опеки, приемной семьи

She's so adorable! I love her so much! It's a recent picture too! Well, all's well that end well, right?
Pakah! Dos Svydanya! Goodbye! See ya real soon!


3 comments:

  1. I linked to your blog today! Hope it helps. My sis and I had bunk beds growing up. They were the kind that can be separated into regular beds, too. We went back and forth with them. Having them as bunks gave us much more space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog today and am very interested in your situation. While I definitely do not have $40,000 to give you I would in a minute if I could. I was a little girl like you not to long ago and also had a need in me to adopt for as long as I can remember. I can remember being much younger then you when I started BEGGING my parents. Now that I have 3 adopted and multiple "foster sibling" My husband and I are becoming foster parents to adopt more children as well. I am not much older then you though only 26 and I hope some of my experience may be able to help you. Email me at triciajcg85@gmail.com. I may be able to help you a bit depending on what your little sisters situation is health wise. Let me know and I will do everything I can to help you. I have helped lots of kids all over the world with health problems get the treatment they need and some like my sisters even find families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you get you paypal up let us know - we would like to donate!! I told your mom you had me at "Hello". My husband and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary. Instead of giving gifts to each other, we are donating to a couple of families who are adopting. You were our 1st choice. My youngest son was adopted from Estonia in 2007. We also are also waiting for another referral from Estonia for another child. I wish you the best!! My boys have bunk beds too and Love them!!
    Best Wishes,
    Michelle
    (mom to Brett and Michael)

    ReplyDelete